Showing machines who's boss since 1984.
I’m an open web engineer living in Massachusetts and working for Bocoup, a technology company that helps move the web forward by contributing to open source technologies, training the community, and consulting.
I’m interested in clean code, security, and a successful, healthy deployment process. I believe truly great ideas require an amazing team and a strong DevOps foundation. I usually write about web technologies, and am passionate about my craft.
My experience using Jekyll to power the Rubber Ducking Podcast website, and an overview on how to host a static site using S3.
Introduction to the command line client I wrote to simplify the use of ProXPN’s OpenVPN service on Linux.
My experience running Arch Linux on a Macbook Pro 8,1.
A pattern that is useful for handling dependencies which asynchronously load their own dependencies. Like google maps.
A walk through of how I use Charles proxy to test locally hosted sites with physical devices
An outline of my dot-files project and how it can help to backup hidden configuration files
Confirmation bias is the tendency to favor information that supports one’s views or hypothesis. Every time you’re troubleshooting a problem and think, “I know it can’t be ____” you might be guilty of it. As a web developer I know that feeling all too well. Think about your last debugging experience…
A writeup on the off grid power setup I have, how it works, and a general overview on what you need to know to build one yourself.
- 02 Jun 2015 » Podcasting With Jekyll
- 30 Apr 2015 » A ProXPN Client for Linux
- 13 Dec 2014 » Overcoming the Manager's Schedule
- 12 Dec 2014 » Arch Linux on a Macbook Pro 8.1
- 06 Apr 2014 » Always Be Deploying™
- 09 Dec 2013 » RequireJS Projects and Asynchronously Loading the Google Maps API
- 05 Dec 2013 » How I Test Locally Hosted Sites With Physical Devices
- 25 Nov 2013 » Retrospective: 10 Commandments of Working From Home
- 21 Nov 2013 » My Off Grid Power Setup
- 04 Nov 2013 » Dot Vaults: Encrypted hidden file backup
- 04 May 2013 » Moving My Blog To Jekyll
- 03 Mar 2013 » How and Why I'm Using Rackspace and OpsCode Hosted Chef
- 03 Jan 2013 » Eliminating Confirmation Bias: Putting the Science Back Into Computer Science
- 29 Dec 2012 » A Better Way To Unique Arrays In PHP
- 05 Mar 2012 » Validating Multiple Input Options in PHP